Saturday 21 September 2013

1

This Just In: Preppy Puppies, Green Scooters, and lovely ribbing

Nosh prints collage

An exciting order came a couple of days ago from Nosh Organics in Finland with two colourways of the spotty / striped sausage dog print Preppy Puppy, and new colourway of the ever-popular Scooters (which sold out in blue the day before!). All three are gorgeous organic cotton blends of 95% cotton and 5% elastane, very soft and stable with great stretch and recovery. I cannot wait to get them sewn up.
 
Nosh ribbing collage

I'm also really excited about three new colours of ribbing. The red, black, petrol, and cappuccino ribbings from Lillestoff are 2x2 ribs, but these are 1x1s so they look and behave more like a thick jersey. They are a blend of 97% organic cotton / 3% elastane composition and when I did a stretch test a 4" strip yielded a 6" stretch and a bounce back to 4.25" so I think it's work even for 'load-bearing' trims like waistbands. Exciting!  Because colours are nuanced I've included some pics with existing prints so you can better see their tones.  They're all now available in the shop.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I just discovered your fab blog! These fabrics are great - what are you making with them?

    I've just started a blog on my website www.origamigirl.co.uk and would love it if you wanted to pop over for a visit! Thank you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete