Monday 18 February 2013

3

Introducing Dolman Long Sleeves

long sleeve dolman close

For reasons Top Secret, I was having a play with my Dolman tee pattern this weekend and found out it's even more versatile than I originally thought....

long sleeve dolman sleeve 2

Long sleeves!  Adding plain sleeves gives the illusion of layering. 

long sleeve dolman full

And by using a plain colour the fabric requirements for the cherished-hoarded-print are no greater than the short sleeve version.

long sleeve dolman sleeve

Additionally, maintaining the short sleeve edge with a separate long sleeve piece means the shoulder seam doesn't have to extend all the way to the wrist, which is far more comfy for tighter fitting sleeves.

I'll be adding the pattern pieces and instructions as a freebie later this week!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to try it out. And I'm loving the Scandi more and more seeing it sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...this version has convinced me that I HAVE to have the Dolman pattern.;)

    ReplyDelete