Thursday 5 May 2011

4

Attempting again to 'Play Well with Others'

With spring upon us and summer around the corner (allegedly-- I think Scottish summer was last Saturday) comes something that I partook in last year...

Obviously, I did not participate in the 2011 version last year. I'm definitely not that organised.

The host Made by Rae is extending the Spring Top Week of yester-year into a month long Spring Top Frenzy so that people have longer to sew and submit. I was about to say how that was great news for me because I failed to complete in time last year. And then I noticed the month ends Monday. So again: I suck.

For poor souls who didn't follow my exploits last year, a reminder of my on-time entry:


And the one that was not finished in time but sewn in the Spirit of Spring Top Week:


Disclaimer: I have never worn either of these tops again. I'm totally notorious for things like that.

Anyway, I'm going to try to rustle up at least one entry before Monday. Who else is playing well with others?

4 comments:

  1. Last year I entered 4, but this year I think I'm barely going to manage one. Sad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to stick with what I know and enter the sewing for children contest at pattern review.com. Haven't got a clue what I'm going to make, but I've got til July to decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that first top. Sigh, you are so clever, etc etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine what you could do with all your newly hard-won fitting knowledge.

    I want to sew for myself, but I'm afraid I would let things sit after I make them. The things I like to wear are too hard to make. :)

    ReplyDelete